The Global Steering Group for Impact Investments (GSG) along with its partners, Responsible Investor and Pioneers Post, has launched the GSG Impact Honors 2019. Now in their third year, the awards will be presented at the GSG Impact Summit 2019. Winners will be flown to Santiago to receive the honors from Sir Ronald Cohen, founding Chair of the GSG.
Deadline: 31 July, 2019 for all categories
GSG Impact Honors celebrate global impact leaders in 4 categories:
1. IMPACT ASSET OWNER OF THE YEAR
This award is for asset owners directing their capital to impact, including pension funds, philanthropies, high net-worth individuals, family offices, corporations, banks, governments, and, development-finance institutions.
2. IMPACT ASSET MANAGER OF THE YEAR
This award is for impact fund managers and other banks, dealmakers or intermediaries placing or allocating impact capital.
Supported by :
Essential news and information for the impact investor.
Click for a free, no-strings, 28-day trial
3. IMPACT ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR
This category honors leaders with catalytic impact on lives or planet through profit with purpose companies (social enterprises), non-government organizations or non-profit social service providers with earned-income models.
4. IMPACT MARKET BUILDER OF THE YEAR
This category is for a government, policy think-tank or professional services company that pushes thought leadership in the impact sector or catalyses impact investment. The winner must demonstrate acceptance through a few major clients from among capital providers, entrepreneurs and intermediaries. Exceptional individuals may be considered.
Supported by :
News, views, knowledge and analysis on business and finance driving social progress.
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
- GSG will work with its partners, Pioneers Post and Responsible Investor, to identify one person or organisation in each of the four categories, who nominates himself/herself or is nominated by any member of the public.
- These honors are available for an individual or an organisation. Across all the four categories, the juries will look for catalytic action, courageous first movers, scaling of capital and impact, and building critical infrastructure (e.g. new institutions).
- Winners will be flown to Santiago to receive the honors from Sir Ronald Cohen, founding Chair of the GSG. GSG will reimburse return travel and accommodation expenses up to an agreed amount and on receiving valid receipts for all four category winners.
- The judges’ decisions are final and by entering the nominator/nominees agree to abide by the rules and conditions.
- The deadline for submissions is Wednesday, 31 July. This may be extended to the judges’ discretion.
- The juries will be looking for real pioneers who’ve left the security of regular jobs and taken professional and sometimes personal risks to move the impact investment sector forward.
GSG Millennial Honors
GSG Millennial Honors, in partnership with The Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE).
GSG Millennial Honors, awarded at the Summit, celebrate the next generation of impact entrepreneurs, under 30 who have founded or co-founded scalable enterprises with measurable impact.