Location: Working from home, occasional co-working in London
Hours: 16 hours (2 days per week)
Leave: 25 days per year (10 days pro-rata)
To contribute to maintaining effective financial processing and control of both the charity and its trading subsidiary. This includes recording all income and expenditure accurately, performing monthly reconciliation of control accounts and ensuring the authorization of invoices and expenses. This is a part-time role (2 days / 16 hours a week).
Accountability: Head of Finance, and ultimately Chief Operating Officer
Main Duties and Responsibilities
A. Book-keeping and Accounting
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into Xero Accounts;
- Maintain financial files and records;
- Manage and reconcile the accounts payable and accounts receivable;
- Process payable invoices and staff expenses;
- Act as a point of contact for suppliers, handling remittance advice and queries;
- Perform monthly supplier account reconciliations;
- Reconcile the monthly bank statements and credit card for review by the Head of Finance;
- Assist with the annual audit;
- Ensure accurate and timely VAT transaction recording;
- Maintain electronic copies of all supplier and consultant contracts and documentation;
- Maintain electronic copies of all income and expenditure reconciliations.
B. Other tasks
- Communicate effectively with all other staff as necessary, assisting with expenditure processing and general finance queries;
- Assist with other tasks as required, ensuring the smooth running of operations.
- Minimum 5 years’ recent experience in relevant comparable roles within the charity sector or commercial sector;
- Proficiency in managing accounts payable effectively and expeditiously;
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Able to prioritise and manage concurrent deadlines;
- Previous experience of Xero accounting software;
- Self-motivated, resourceful and able to work under pressure and react quickly and calmly during difficult situations;
- Diplomatic telephone and interpersonal skills;
- Accuracy, an eye for detail and numeracy skills;
- Ability to be based from home, with the potential to occasionally co-work in London.
Nice to Have
- Understanding of working in multiple currencies;
- AAT Qualified or equivalent qualification
- Ability to multi-task, remaining flexible and willing to take on tasks as requested;
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as on own initiative;
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Problem-solving aptitude.
- Dependable, reliable, discreet, trustworthy and affable;
- Focused on finding solutions;
- Team player, enthusiastic and approachable;
- Flexible and proactively supportive to the Finance and wider Secretariat team.