At the current time GSG is looking for candidates to fill the following positions. Please check this page again as we continue to review our staffing requirements for the year(s) ahead.
If you are interested in the roles below – or you are interested in joining us and growing the Impact Movement globally – please email email@example.com with a covering letter and your detailed CV and specify which role you are applying for in the subject line. For specific roles please note the preferred location, and that GSG is not currently able to sponsor work visas.
Market Development Associate - Fixed Term Contract to end November 2022
Location: UK, ideally London (with the right to work in the UK)
Reporting to: 3 Managers – GSG Events Lead, Head of Knowledge Management, Head of Knowledge Development
Remuneration: £25K pro-rata plus benefits
The candidate would be supporting the Market Development Team in all its activities.
Events & Convenings support (~30%)
Support the Events Lead towards the GSG Impact Summit Series 2022, which will take the form of 3 x one-day online events in June, September & November 2022. This key administrative support role would work across all elements of the Series logistics, content and communications. Responsibilities may include:
- managing the Impact Series email inbox
- managing the back-end of the registration platform, Hubilo
- responding to chat-bot and inbox queries during the live event
- pulling weekly registration updates and keeping all team updated on progress
- monitoring items and deadlines in team’s Monday.com Summit board
- joining regular Impact Series planning meetings
- speaker/panellist liaison
- updating speaker database
- ensuring speakers/panellists are registered
- ensuring speakers/panellists are fully briefed re content & tech process
- ensuring all speakers have submitted a bio and photo
Comms & Marketing:
- researching and developing event social media plan
- social media administration, monitoring and reporting support
- proof-reading marketing material
- researching leads for marketing contacts
- general communications support to Head of Communications and Digital Lead
Knowledge Development Support (30%)
- Project Management: meeting set up, coordination, and follow up; write up of meeting notes
- Research: Light-touch desktop research related to scoping, mapping, and write-up of cross-cutting thematic topics and impact investing trends
- External knowledge sharing: Write up and design (using Canva, PPT) of short blogs, newsletters, listicles, news roundups, and other special features
- Research and support in liaising with 35+ country partners to update impact investment country profiles
Knowledge Management Support (~30%)
- Database management & data cleaning
- Develop guidelines for the database management
- Acquisition of new contacts via GSG partners
- Analysis of data related to knowledge events participants (number of registrants, attendees, feedback form)
- Reorganising knowledge events material (e.g. create a list of all past knowledge events)
- Input data into Salesforce system
The candidate will need their own laptop and access to reliable internet and would work primarily from home. The GSG has access to Sustainable Workspaces as a central London base and meets at its Waterloo offices as required, about once every 2-3 weeks.
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications:
This role is ideally suited to someone who wants a career in the impact space, with a strong social conscience, caring about sustainability and improving both people’s lives and the planet.
You will be bright, dynamic, and keen to contribute to the GSG. You will enjoy a challenge, be able to work under pressure to deadlines and you will be comfortable working independently using your own initiative. The candidate must be fluent in written and spoken English, other European languages may be beneficial.
You will require the following skills and attributes:
- Vision/passion for the impact sector
- An effective communicator, particularly with international stakeholders; experience writing and communicating in a journalistic style
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Comfortable working with others to ensure project components stay on track in the face of competing priorities
- Confident using social media in a professional capacity
- Ability to learn new tools, including software solutions quickly
- The ability to analyse and interpret data from surveys
- Willingness to work independently, seeking support and advice from others when you need it
- Ability to juggle multiple pieces of work and prioritise
- Strong team spirit with an ability to interact with a high performing team working across geographies in a fast-paced environment
Must be familiar with other MS Office/google suite packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Hubilo, Cvent, Slack, Monday.com and virtual event platforms is preferable, but not essential as training will be provided. Experience with Canva is a plus!
Application process: In order to apply please send your CV and a short supporting statement (max 800 characters) in the first instance before midnight on 15 April 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the name of the role you are applying for in the subject line. The main objective here is that you can demonstrate you have skills and experience that relate to what we are looking for.
We particularly welcome applications from people with disabilities, minority backgrounds, LGBTQIA and from different socio-economic and educational backgrounds.
Should your skills and experience be suitable, we will arrange for a call. As we are currently experiencing high volumes of interest in vacancies, we will only get back to successful candidates and may not answer any individual queries on positions prior to an application.