Market Development Associate
The Market Development Associate will play a critical role in supporting the global GSG community to share knowledge and learnings. The role holder will perform the following activities as part of a growing team and organisation.
Activities (expected % of time allocated to each in brackets)
- Research (30%)
- Analyse and review impact investment research reports, creating summaries of information within them (both in MS word and MS Powerpoint)
- Support in the development of new knowledge sharing content and tools relevant for key stakeholders and a community of 500+ NAB members
- Create surveys, conduct interviews and analyse the data gathered (in MS excel)
- Update existing research reports with up to date information
- Project Management (30%)
- Support with the development of new and existing National Advisory Boards (NABs). This work can include the development of new tools relevant for key national stakeholders.
- Assist on the delivery of activities and programmes such as workshops & meetings
- Contribute to GSG core activities including M&E and reporting activities
- Stakeholder Management (20%)
- Work closely with members of the National Advisory Boards and GSG partners, ensuring timely responses to queries and issues raised
- Support on presentation to individuals and groups of people seeking to know more about the GSG
- Team support 20%)
- Help in coordinating the team and build efficiency within the GSG Leadership team
- Assist in designing, preparing and following up on high level meetings
- Support with the two annual events organised by the GSG: The GSG summit and the leadership event.
- Other ad hoc activities
Deliverables, Year 1
- Complete an annual survey and analyse the data
- Update research published in 2019 with relevant additional information
- Support in the prepation of webinars and other online and in person knowledge sharing activities
- Committee meetings and board meetings preparation
Key skills / attributes
Education and Experience Requirements
- 3+ years’ work experience ideally most of which in field of impact investment and/or social entrepreneurship, with stakeholder management responsibilities
- Experience in synthesizing research papers and analysing data
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple stakeholders and projects in parallel and on an international scale
- Ability to think at system level and comfortable with abstract thinking—but balanced by ability to implement quickly and with attention to detail, and keep multiple balls in the air at once
- Excels at building long lasting relationships and managing them, in person and in process (incl. database, CRM, etc)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, influencing and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent attention to detail, and ability to use initiative
- Excited by a dynamic role with ambitious goals and fast changing responsibilities and projects
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally
GSG Mission & Objectives
- The GSG is an independent global steering group promoting sustainable development and advancing education in impact investment. The GSG was established in 2015 as the successor to, and incorporating the work of, the Social Impact Investment Taskforce established under the UK’s presidency of the G8.
- The GSG currently has 32 member countries, plus the EU, each with National Advisory Boards (NABs), and strategic partnerships with leading global organisations. It is an organisation of over 500 senior people. The GSG brings together leaders from the worlds of finance, business, government, and philanthropy.
- The GSG, a British charity, aims to bring solutions to social and environmental challenges through education by spreading the use of impact approaches in making philanthropic, business and investment decisions.
- Under the leadership of its Chair, Sir Ronald Cohen, and a talented professional team, directly and through its NABs, in coordination with strategic partners, GSG drives the implementation of impact policy and catalyzes important initiatives directly country by country, and also by working with multilateral bodies, such as the OECD, the G7, the G20 and the World Bank
Executive Leadership Team
- Cliff Prior, CEO-elect (starting May 2020), formerly CEO of Big Society Capital and UnLtd
- Anne-Marie Harris, COO & CFO – CDC investment committee, formerly Bridges Fund Management
- Alasdair Maclay, Chief Funds Officer – formerly the Rhodes Trust, Actis & CDC
- Krisztina Tora, Chief Market Development Officer – formerly Global Social Entrepreneurship Network
- Seb Welisiejko, Chief Policy Officer – formerly Argentina Government, Portland Trust & GSG
How to Apply / Contact
- If you are interested in applying for this role, please submit a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com.
- Due to the high number of applications usually received the GSG is unable to get back to candidates who are not invited for an interview.